Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Walter Russell

I haven't thought about this guy much since my hospitalization, but he was on my mind for some reason tonight.

First of all, the republican debates went pretty much like I expected, like I said earlier, there are no real plans to plug up a 1.4 trillion or so annual deficit, even if you cut all discretionary spending and all medicare spending, it wouldn't make up for it. They seem to think the economy will turn around as soon as they become president and allow for new revenue. Yeah right.

Walter Russell is a very mysterious figure. His wikipedia page is made up of mostly here-say links and there is very little information about him on the web outside of this strange organization called The University of Philosophy and Science. Regardless of this, he is an extremely interesting person. He was a talented sculptor, and sculpted busts of FDR and Mark Twain. He was a talented artist, later in his life he drew absract art concerning the universe, early in his career he drew portraits.

There are claims that he was part of a group called the Twilight Club that was composed of great authors, politicians, businessmen and intellectuals of the era, including Mark Twain and that this organization was a precursor to the Rotary Club. Most interesting though, are his writings, which are claimed to have predicted the elements used in the atomic bomb, here is an example of his scientific drawings, this one attempting to explain crystallization:



Some of his drawings make sense, most of them I can't tell if they are completely over my head or completely bogus.

The basis of his scientific theory is that gravitation is the force that pulls things together and radiation is the force that blasts things apart. The basis of his spiritual theory is that the Mind is the cause of the universe, rather than the effect and that the whole universe is one. The website of the University of Science and Philosophy gives credit to him as being the forbearer of the New Age and judging by the publication of his books being in the 20s, it is hard to discredit.

I have so many questions about this guy. They say his writings were originally disseminated to people in the scientific community, I guess it is possible that they were held as state secrets until after World War II. According to lore, he lived and worked in Carnegie Hall and it is a fact for years he lived and ran his university out of Swannanoa, an Italian style villa in Virgina, so the guy must have done alright financially.

Anyway, he is a true mystery that no one except me seems to have any interest in uncovering. I am holding out hope that the unreleased volumes of Mark Twain's autobiography will detail this strange and intriguing individual, who claims to have been divinely inspired. Also, tonight I downloaded a copy of his book The Universal One and gave it a quick once over, I found this quote, which gives me piece of mind as someone dealing with mental instability:


"Until man learns that he is Mind he will be the slave of the illusions of Mind, instead of which he may be their master and a 'creator' of these illusions."

Like I said, I was very interested in this guy prior to/during my manic episode. It all started with Nichola Tesla. I was on a date at the Griffith Park Observatory (as my date noted "It is the only free place to go on a date in Los Angeles") and I watched the Tesla Coil they have on display there. The next day I was obsessed with that shape, the shape of the toroid.

Sitting at my desk, I started doodling, mostly symbols for infinity ∞, I realized that this is the same thing as a toroid if you can imagine it in 3d space but then I drew a line through it horizontally. Basically, I was doing a thought experiment where I tried to draw the basic shape of things, like the Earth, or the solar system, or galaxy, or maybe even the universe.

You could imagine my surprise that day when I started researching Tesla and came across Walter Russell (because Tesla had been supposedly quoted as saying Walter Russell should lock away his knowledge in the Smithsonian for 1000 years) and this picture: 
                                         
This was the last thing he drew before he died. It is what I had been trying to draw, the shape of everything. For example, it is the shape of the Earth, with the energy at the equator and the North and South Pole. It is the shape of the Solar System, with matter first in a tight ring around the sun, then slowly losing being pulled out of orbit. It is the shape of two cells splitting, I could go on and on.

Something strange was happening to me, how and why could this knowledge just me dropped in my brain? I of course thought it all had to do with the one person that I loved, somehow I managed to spin aliens, mayan prophecies of the world ending in 2012 into the narrative and soon I was off to El Salvador to have a baby that would save the world from destruction, but more on that another day.

Right now I am starting to get sleepy. I took my medication over an hour ago and I think it is starting to hit me. I take 300 mg Seroquel XR and it has a mild sedative to keep me from staying up all night.

1 comment:

  1. That's a human body and the little spot in the cernter is the heart sarrounded by energy

    ReplyDelete