Thursday, November 17, 2011

Slow Day

As I sort of expected yesterday, I had trouble getting myself going today. I don't really have much on the agenda until my show tonight at 11. I saw the story about the guy who tried to assassinate the president, he is obviously suffering from a mental condition of some sort. I worry that people will read that story and think that could happen to anyone suffering from mental illness, including me. I know I will never be like that. I've never wished violence toward anyone, let alone the president. I love him, usually.

My neck hurts from sleeping funny last night. I hate when this happens. Never blame sleeping. It is because I haven't been stretching enough and keeping limber. Maybe I'll do that before I go to the show.

When I woke up today I found out the coffee machine is broken! Maybe that is part of the problem here, no coffee.

I am feeling more lonely than usual today. I miss having work, having roommates, being able to hang out in Silverlake without having to travel all the way back across town or having to hang out in a coffee shop for hours between activities. My dad gave me a call and I need to call him back, not sure what it is about, maybe I can express some of this to him.

I want to look forward to going home next week and I am, but it would be so much better if I could see my friend while I was back. I'm missing her a lot today. I know I am going to be thinking about her and wondering what she is doing the whole time I'm home. Also, even though I am excited to go home, I am thinking about how excited I would be to go home and see her. People say this kind of stuff gets easier with time, but for me it doesn't. I am stubborn about letting her go.

It is hard for me to write today. Every day until now the words have just spilled out, but today they are trickling. 

I am really thankful for my aunt and uncle and for their help during this trying time for me. It is nice to have my cousins around in the evening. I am thankful for all of my friends down here, even though they seem far away at the moment. I am thankful for improv and the release it gives me. I'm sure I'll have fun tonight.

That made me feel a little bit better.

Well, maybe I will go upstairs and hangout for a little while, I think one of my cousins is home.

No comments:

Post a Comment