Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ready to Go

Did my laundry today, about to pack for the trip back to Danville. I'll be leaving at 10am tomorrow morning according to Keeler. I had a dream about heading home last night. In it I met a bunch of friends and I was in a house that wasn't mine, but where I was staying. Kim was there and coyly waved at me and I said hi and then she disappeared. Then I was in the car with Chris Paizis talking about how confused and consumed I was by the fact that she wasn't talking to me.

None of this is likely to happen. Chris is going to be out of town and I doubt Kim will be coming out on Wednesday or college night, if not just to avoid me. Left me feeling strange once again this morning. I took my book and went to mail some things and read. I went to get some lunch at Fiesta Feast, a Mexican and Greek food place in the Palisades and I got a phone call from Meredith from Stan and Deliver, I have a second interview with Stan at 11:30am next Tuesday. I can't wait. I feel like this is the one.

After that I went to Pete's and read for a bit. I intentionally didn't bring my computer so I could focus on reading. They had some visit from their corporate management, they of course were dressed casually and couldn't really be distinguished from customers. They helped the baristas set up displays for the holidays, focusing most of their attention on one particularly attractive female barista that seemed eager to please.

I'm 300 pages in to Infinite Jest and feel like it is just starting to take off plot wise, for what plot there is, which is not much. I am enjoying how it is just sort of meandering around filling out information about the Incandenza family.

Well, it's about time to pack up and get a hold of Josh, so I know if I can park in his spot while we are gone, if not, I'll need to park in a neighborhood that doesn't have restrictive parking near his place. His brother is riding up with us as well. I also need to call my dad and remind him that I'll be home tomorrow, not sure if he remembers!

That's about it. No Sean coming home with me, he's staying in LA. Would have been fun to have him come with me. Last year Kate came to Thanksgiving with me, I felt proud to finally be bringing a lady with me to a family gathering and she got along great with everyone. I'm sure it was nothing for her, in comparison to her bat shit crazy family. Oh, how much can change in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment