Sunday, November 20, 2011

Go Niners!

The Forty Niners are winning again. This game has kept me company through the afternoon. It was actually pretty close through the first half, but then they pulled away. It's about time that they're good again and just in time with basketball not being around this year.

It felt good getting back here last night and hanging out with my family. My cousin just got back from college for the Thanksgiving break. I just missed a phone call from Stefan and a text from Jace, of course, just after I got back on this side of town. Oh well.

I went to bed early last night and slept for about twelve hours, this is becoming kind of standard and it's a bit alarming. I don't think that is a healthy thing to do and I end up feeling tired the rest of the day anyway. I managed to do some stretching today and that felt good. I also found a forum for people with bipolar that I posted on and have been looking at some different books on people dealing with the illness. I have three books now that I've started and not finished, Infinite Jest, The Elegant Universe and Mental Health Through Will-Power. I need to finish at least one of them before I start yet another book.

I feel mostly the same today as I did yesterday. I wish I had more energy and more stuff to do. It's raining today, so I feel alright about hanging around a little more than I normally would. I also ate some chicken soup, which was good. Other people in this support forum echoed the message that some people understood, some didn't, some people said bipolar ruined most of their relationships or marriages, others seemed to think in time most people that care come around to some sort of understanding.

I am definitely feeling the distance of living in the Palisades today. Really missing hanging out at the house where the game would be on whether I wanted to watch or not, where I could call people up more casually and invite them to my place, where I could do literally whatever the hell I wanted with no regret or guilt, where I had improv practice at 3:30 and would get to hang out with those friends in the evening, where we would go out to eat at places we saw on food TV shows on a whim or just hang out and watch Treme or Boardwalk Empire or Curb, where I would go buy food for the week or BBQ outside or go to the park and play basketball or play Scrabble or Risk if it was raining like it is today, where I would stay in sweats all day and be unapologetic about waking up late or taking a nap.

Well, at least I can still watch Boardwalk Empire tonight. I am ready to land this position at my interview tomorrow. It would be really nice going into Thanksgiving knowing I'm coming back with a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment