Monday, November 21, 2011

Running Around

Damn, been so busy today I almost forgot to blog. It feels good to be busy, less to sit around and worry about, more to accomplish. I woke up at 9:30am today. That felt good too, haven't even been tempted to take nap. I guess I really shouldn't be tempted, really the only temptation is to pass a boring day faster. On days like today, the day is over before I ever even realized it was here.

I started the day as usual. The phone upstairs was ringing off the hook, two rings and then nothing, two rings than nothing, literally like a few times a minute. It was really obnoxious. Come to find out, my aunt and uncle had been called the night before by, who they thought were the police calling from LA Country Jail about someone who was in ICU and had given them their number. Because their number was blocked, these people said, they needed their credit card information and charge a couple dollars through Global Communications in order to connect them. Keep in mind, they kept this act going for over an hour before ever asking for any credit card info, so they were completely hooked in. Not until they asked for the billing address did my uncle catch on that it was a scam. He called LA County Jail to find out no one by the names of the people he was talking to worked at there, there was no ICU, etc. So, I guess they kept calling back all morning long.

So after listening to the phone ring all morning, I went to my job interview. It went exceeding well. It was for a really small production company (two people right now) and the position would be assistant work and a little bit of stuff on the creative side. I really hope I get it, working in a small office, mostly by myself, and getting to read and work on scripts a lot is right up my alley.

Next, I had to go to UCLA. I needed to get an itemized record of everything I was charged for during my stay. Turns out getting this was exceedingly difficult. First, I called billing, seemed simple enough. He told me he didn't have record of anything that had already been paid. This seemed strange, but I figured I'd just drive there and figure it out. I went to Ronald Reagan Medical Center, where I stayed and they sent me to another building, where I looked around, was finally told to go through an "Authorized Personnel Only" door, to where the medical records department was. They were out to lunch, of course, so I walked over to In 'n Out, ate and went back, 1:15pm. They still weren't back. I played some Angry Birds on my phone. Finally I got to speak with them and it turns out, they could only give me records of my stay, nothing that had anything to do with cost for services or treatment. They sent me to the 17th floor on a building on Wilshire. I moved my car because it was in two hour parking and it had been almost two hours, then walked over to Wilshire. I went to the 17th floor only to be told billing was on the 16th floor. I finally found it on the 16th floor. They seemed anxious that I hadn't made an appointment. Then, I finally got someone who could help me and they gave me exactly what I was looking for in less than ten minutes.

I came back to the Palisades and checked my mail, just a couple things, one was a bill from the city charging me taxes for last year, who knew you had to pay city taxes? and a car bill. I spent the rest of the afternoon ironing out my mailing address, which the post office says I attempted to change 14 times. No, I changed it three times, big deal. Then I tried to get a new health insurance card, which they told me they haven't sent to me because everyone is getting a new one next month. Then I tried to figure out why I haven't been receiving unemployment benefits and I finally got through to an agent after trying to three separate times and she is sending all the paperwork, which should be for like 800 bucks.

I played guitar for a little bit, got a couple songs down pat and am starting to expand my repertoire, learned "I'm Gonna Find Another You" by John Mayer today. Okay okay. I won't go into writing a bunch of lyrics for you today, if you see the title, you get it.

Then, I offered to give my cousin a ride somewhere, turns out it was to yoga, so I went with him. Jesus. I haven't done yoga in almost a year. I sweat my fucking balls off. Sweat was dripping onto my mat. My feet and hands got so sweaty I had to flip my mat over. There were a lot of really hot yoga girls. One right next to me was in some deep stretch and the yoga instructor came over and basically gave her a back rub. That is the privilege of being a yoga instructor, I didn't see him help out any dudes or actually anyone else like that, whispering, "Yeah, that's it, deeeeeeeper." I almost touched my toes, but not quite.

So yeah, that was my day, not spent inside my head at all. Though I thought about checking myself back into Neuorpsychiatric at Ronald Reagan when I was trying to get that billing mess figured out! Yeesh. Talk about bureaucrats.

Ready to watch some Daily Show and go to bed. Tomorrow I have nothing going on, but it's cool, Wednesday I'm headed home and I can spend my day getting ready and being excited about that. Have to write a follow up email to Meredith from the production company. That's something.

Yeah that's it. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment