Friday, December 30, 2011

Workin' Like A Motha Fucka

I think I might have titled another post the same thing, but that's what I'm doing, so be it. Worked a full day today even though Stan only told me I had to be around for an hour each day this week. Today was my last day with Meredith, she needed to come back to clean some things up and really hand things over to me. I'm feeling a little more confident about things now and also realizing that she didn't know a lot of what was going on either.

But, I won't bore you too much with stuff about work. I did an improv show last night, it was kind of a weird Mach because most people weren't there and there were a lot of fresh faces and a lot of just plain bad improv. My set went okay, but not great. Before that I was at Patrick Carlyle's birthday party and hanging out with Gilli, which was fun. Anything would have been fun! I had been alone basically for two days straight, leaving Danville, then the whole next day in the Palisades. I managed to write 28 pages of a book this last four days, which is pretty productive. Right now I am just trying to get it all out, I figure I can go back and make it poetic later.

Doing this blog has definitely given me a better handle on my writing. It is freeing to know that I can go off on a tangent and then come back to the story I was telling or just push through something that I know has to be in it but I'm not really feeling at the time. I am hyper critical of my writing, but getting some good feedback from this makes me feel like maybe someone else will enjoy it, even if I think it sucks.

Tonight I am going to another birthday party, Rene Gube's, then going to Upright Citizens Brigade New Year's party tomorrow. It will be fun. I went two years ago and it was kind of awkward because I didn't really know a lot of people and felt kind of weird talking to the people I did know. Last year I hosted a New Year's party at my house and it was fun except Kate got to drunk and embarrassed me quite a bit by standing on top of a table and yelling at people among other things. She thought it she was cool at the time.

Yeah, I guess that's about it. Feeling pretty good, not too anxious and I am off until Tuesday, when my aunt and uncle and cousins will all be back at the house. That will be nice, it's too quiet around here and I hate feeling responsible if anything were to happen to the house. Oh well. I'll set the alarm when I leave.

PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment