Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Break is on

So I finished delivering packages today. I ended up not working the half day that I thought I would. I figured I'd rather just have Stan pay the price of postage and not get paid than to drive all over town to deliver six packages over a number of hours. It feels good to be off and able to really enjoy this free time. It is the last vestige of freedom before what is sure to be a long year, hopefully of work, we'll see how it goes. I am feeling a little more hopeful after the last couple days, although I really wasn't doing the job I had been doing, so I really don't have much of a reason to.

Like I said in my last post, I've had a lot more energy since I started taking...

Sorry, pause. There is a creepy old man staring at this good looking girl in line right in front of me. He stares at her and then when she looks toward him he puts on a grin, then she looks away and he stares at her ass, can't really blame him I guess.

Anyway, yeah, Claritin D is a godsend. I feel sooo much better. It really makes me wonder about how much more I could have accomplished in the recent future had I been taking it and benefiting from a better sleep (and the extra energy of a decongestant). I feel bad for people that suffer from exhaustion, including myself. People that have never experienced it really have no idea what it is like. Yes, people will tell you just to get up and to do things, just get going, just exercise, just cook, just clean. But when you are really feeling the effects of exhaustion, nothing comes easy, everything is a struggle and the only thing that looks comforting is your bed. I've had dreams where I'm tired. That's how tired I've been. Hopefully those days are over, though I don't feel as much energy today as I did yesterday, I still feel a lot better.

Tonight I am going to a holiday potluck, I have to go to the supermarket after this and think up something to bring, maybe beer, holiday beer. I am looking forward to it, it is my first holiday party of the season. Unfortunately, I missed a couple last Saturday because I didn't go out and the Carpenters didn't have their holiday party this year just after Thanksgiving. Justin and Jace are hosting it and I'm sure all kinds of pals and funny folks will be there. I also am giving out my secret Santa gift, I got a couple things and they are pretty good, I won't go into what they are, just incase they were to read this before tonight, which is unlikely.

Thursday I am going back home. I'll be back from the 22nd until the 27th. It sounds short. I think when I get back here I will try to plan a trip somewhere, it will probably be my last chance and my first chance in a long time to go up to the snow or do something fun like that and a lot of people will have time off to do it too.

I wonder what home is going to be like. I definitely want to hang with Paizis, I already talked to Jen and sounds like there is barely going to be time to see her, except maybe on Christmas Eve, but that's how it is.

Tomorrow I'm going to go the psychiatrist, I will have a little better take on my job than I did last week, although like I said, it is completely unfounded. I'll just feel good going in knowing I have more knowledge of what is going on than anyone else will, even if that knowledge is limited. I don't know what else I'm going to talk with her about, probably stuff I hesitate to even mention to frequently on here anymore.

It is 11 days. If I use it wisely I may be able to pump out the first draft of a screenplay I've been concocting in my head. It would be tough but not impossible. I think I will try, probably not, but even if I got a good start and managed like 60 pages, that would be pretty good. I think I can do that.

I am listening to Bon Iver's self titled album right now. Pitchfork said it was the best album of the year. It's pretty good, but I like his first album better. Come to think of it, I didn't listen to a ton of new music this year, or nearly as much music at all. This was the year of the Marc Maron podcast for me. I listened to most of the two hundred plus episodes and of course the Jim Rome show. I guess that is a New Year's resolution for me. I always like to have a fun New Year's resolution rather than something like go to the gym. Last year it was eat more candy, the year before have more sex, the year before smoke more pot, I managed to do each in the corresponding year. This year it will be to listen to more music. I love music and I have always used it to connect to people and to inspire me, but I really have just listened to a lot of talk radio the last year. A big part of it is the cd burner on my computer broke, but that isn't even a great excuse since I have a good radio transmitter thingy. Part of me also just likes listening to NPR because I love news, but too much news is a bad thing.

Yeah. Just put on some Van Morrison "It's Too Late To Stop Now", supposedly one of the greatest live albums ever. Van Morrison is up there as my favorite artists. Sometimes he sounds like he isn't really taking singing too seriously, but I guess that is what I like about it. He does some great vocal improvisations, which of course I am keen on. I think I'm going to go next door to the record store and see if they have it on sale, maybe that will be my contribution to the party. Well, either way, time to get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment