Monday, December 12, 2011

First Day

I am just settling down after a long first day of work. It was kind of a whirlwind. Lot's of different stuff going on and lots of office stuff to figure out that I really am not accustom to. I guess I'll figure it out. This week will be all the training I get and I'll be starting as Stan's assistant in the New Year. It seems like it is going to be a lot of work, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, of course, it was my first day, so I should. The office is full of paperwork that I don't understand and I don't know where anything is. I'm still learning about what my duties are and Meredith seems to be taking care of a lot, it's a shame I only have her around until Friday. I know I can figure things out on the fly, but I also know that a good assistant doesn't need to be told to do things, they just take care of them.

I have a lot of questions to ask her, if I hire an intern do we give them mileage? or better yet will I get mileage? Seems there's going to be a significant amount of driving going on. This week we have to deliver a number of Christmas packages all over Los Angeles, like a hundred or so, I'm pretty sure.

Meredith gave me Stan's movie and I just finished watching it, they changed the title to "Perfect Sisters" today. It was okay, it is still a little rough. Abigail Breslin didn't impress me much and there were a couple times I got thrown off on the plot, I know she is going to ask my opinion tomorrow. Georgie Henley was really good. I think they are already picture locked so there isn't much of a point in giving criticisms that won't be taken.

I am really tired. I slept for a long time last night and still have felt worn out today. I have to do something about this. I'm starting to think Seroquel just makes you tired. I've been doing stuff all day today, so I don't really have boredom as an excuse this time. On the other hand, the other night I missed taking it for the first time and I slept for six hours and then couldn't fall back asleep after about eight in the morning. Part of this has to do with the fact that I slept on the floor.

Kevin's cousin, who lives in Hermosa, offered to let us stay there Saturday night. Because Stefan drove us out there and then told me he was planning on crashing, I got stuck. We went to a fun party at a friend of his cousin's in Hermosa, strangely, I know his cousin from an improv class I took a couple years ago with Jace and Kristin. Then we went to downtown Hermosa and went to a bar where a cheesy cover band was playing. Downtown Hermosa is exactly like Isla Vista, but for young adults.

My favorite part of the whole thing was on Sunday when we hung out at Kevin's and watched football. Kevin's girlfriend Nadia was visiting and Stefan, Kevin, Nadia, and I just hung out and made each other laugh a lot, then we walked and ate some BBQ.

I am dreading having to wake up already, even though I know I'm going to get plenty of sleep. I need to go to the post office tomorrow morning and mail some stuff before I head to the office. Blah!

First day done. Feels good to be working, but I also feel like I'm in over my head, for now. Let's see how I feel after day two.

No comments:

Post a Comment