Sunday, January 22, 2012

Niners, What a Bummer

I watched the Niners game today. Stefan and I went to a bar called Public House where they have a million TVs and got setup at a pretty sweet table outside, they'd hung a flat screen around a tree. We watched almost the entire game from there. I was pretty sure the Niners were going to be headed to the Superbowl. In the first half their offense looked alright and they just couldn't stop Victor Cruz and Eli Manning on NY. Finally, in the second half it seemed like they had their number, but then they stopped being able to get anything on offense. The Niners made some stupid mistakes and had a couple things just not go there way. What a bummer. Now the Superbowl in going to be between the Patriots and the Giants, again.

The last week has been pretty stressful. I put the wrong zip code on a pretty important package that I sent Express by USPS and watched as it made it's way across the United States, but not at all in the direction I needed it to go. It was supposed to go overnight to Boca Raton, Florida but instead went to Toledo, Ohio and then Detroit. Luckily, my boss didn't realize I'd made this mistake. I told him I had no idea what was going on and he didn't seem suspicious. Then, the package made it to Boca Raton, a day late and the guy that was supposed to pick it up was never able to sign for it and he left Boca Raton. Sounds like a bad thing, but it is actually good because now he will never pick up the package and see for himself that the zip code was wrong and I'm pretty sure he and my boss will never have a conversation about it.

I was really worried because I made a few mistakes the day that I sent out the package and was finally coming back from getting a small lecture from my boss. Working for him really is a pain in the ass, non-stop. I appreciate having a job and am glad to be working, but he is relentless with his emails and is very particular.

It is hard for me to pay such close attention to detail. I can take care of a large workload, but it is hard for me to do a flawless job, even if I move slower. I was the kid that would always finish his math test first but could never get 100%, no matter how careful I was some detail always would manage to elude me. I am trying hard, but I know things here and there are going to slip through the cracks with me, it's just the way I am.

So, he is in London now and will be gone until Wednesday, which is a minor relief. I will have a good amount of time at the office tomorrow to get organized and live a more relaxed existence. This whole last week I was really stressing, really not wanting to tell him I messed up on the zip code, having to respond to emails at all hours. It's a bitch.

This weekend, Stefan and I had a grand ole time. I spent more money than I probably should have, but nothing to egregious. Around $100. On Friday night we walked up the street to a couple of bars and ended up at the Shortstop, a bar with dancing and such, we danced the night away and ate bacon wrapped hot dogs and Tacos Arizas afterwards. I had never been to Tacos Arizas, it rivals Taco Zone as the supposed best Mexican truck in LA. It was really really good. I think they have a bigger selection than Taco Zone. The next night we met up with Kristin and Alex at Good Luck bar, they invited a frind Candace, who I had done improv with my freshman year of college and hadn't seen since. She just moved to LA from New York. Then we went to Funky Sole in Echo Park and on the way met a British chap named Henry, who just moved to the states and specializes in creating crowds via computer, like, he can take a few people and make it look like thousands. Pretty interesting dude. I was down with him because he knew the bus lines. I also ate at Wot Dong Moon Lek and Ricky's Fish Tacos and Boos Cheesesteaks this weekend, just being a fat kid, sleeping in really late on Stefan's couch, not exercising, at all.

I'm still having dreams about Kim, like we run into each other and things are weird. The only thing I can compare it to is when I would have dreams about my mom. It hasn't happened in a while, but I used to have dreams where she had been diagnosed with cancer, but had somehow stayed alive for years after. In my dreams with Kim, everything that happened between us happened and is some of the dreams she doesn't seem to care about it anymore and in others I feel strange for having run into her.

There is a new show coming out on TV called touched and it reminds me a lot of my manic experience. This kid is able to see how things connect in the universe and chooses a date that is for some reason important. He also draws spirals. I thought that important date was going to be 11/8/11. When I was first brought to the hospital, I wanted to be put in a drug induced coma from 11/3/11 until 12/22/12, in order to keep the apocalypse from happening. I was pretty sure aliens that were concerned about nuclear radiation, about the explosion of the human population on Earth and angry about our consumption of natural resources were going to send some sort of asteroid to destroy us.

Part of me wants to write more about my last manic experience, maybe I will in this week coming up here, as I will hopefully have more time and be less stressed. There was a lot going on at that time that I am still putting together.

No comments:

Post a Comment