Monday, January 16, 2012

End of the Weekend

I'm going back to work tomorrow. I've had three days off, which have been pretty enjoyable, except for my boss has been emailing me and bothering me the whole time. It really annoys me that he feels the need to frequently contact me on the weekend. He even asked if there was another address I check more frequently when it took me a couple hours to get back to him one day. It's bullshit.

Friday night I went out with Stefan to this place called "A Club Called Rhonda". It was pretty fun, most clubbish atmosphere I'd been to in LA. I danced quite a bit, which I always like doing, but the crowd was pretty subdued for the most part. I ran into my cousin Kendall, I think she was really surprised to see me there, as it was a club scene and a lot of gay people, but whatever.

Saturday I hung out with Gilli her boyfriend Nick during the day and we went hiking in Griffith Park. We made our way up to a really great view of Los Feliz, Silverlake and downtown. From this perspective the city looked totally lush. It was pretty clear and you could see all the way to Long Beach. I missed the Niners game in the afternoon, which I guess was one of the best in history. I wish I could have seen it, but at the same time, it was better to be hanging out with friends, even if it meant missing it. In the afternoon we went to this restaurant called Little Dom's with Nick, Gilli, Stefan and I.

That evening I went to go be an extra on something Jace and Justin were filming. There were a lot of people working on it and I was kind of surprised that I had heard so little about it, considering Jace and Justin are two of my best friends. It's called "Sad Guys" and that is basically all I know about it. I'm sure it will be funny.

We hung out at Stefan and Gilli's that night and played drinking games at their house. An intern that works on "Childern's Hospital" with them came over and so did Jace. It was really nice to be hanging out with everyone. After Gilli went to sleep Jace, Stefan and I went to a karaoke bar to sing, plus they secretly serve alcohol till about 4am. By the time we got there it was too late to sing, because the same group had requested song after song.

The next day, Sunday, I was supposed to go to six flags with Kevin, but I ended up waking up after they left. Instead I went over to Josh's and watched football. Then, we went in the spa and played a game of Monopoly, which Josh won handily. It was one of the shortest games ever, it was clear who was going to win from the beginning when he was able to stack a bunch of properties. I came back to the Palisades Sunday night and have sort of been hanging around since. Yesterday it was good, I watched some "Breaking Bad" and spent some time to myself, but today I've been a little lonely. Didn't hear from anyone today and that always makes me kind of sad. At least I've been able to catch up on some sleep.

So, tomorrow it is back to the grind. I only have to make Tues-Fri. He will be gone over the weekend and Mon and Tues next week so hopefully I'll get some breathing room. The next few days leading up to his business trip are going to be annoying. I can already tell from how he has been acting this weekend.

Today was my first psychiatry appointment where we didn't talk about Kim at all, at least since I found out she blocked me on Facebook. I didn't even realize it until afterward. I think that is healthy. As I've said before, it is the best thing to move on, but a large part of me doesn't want to because it is where I'm most comfortable. Slowly but surely it's happening.

I know I will wake up tomorrow and be disappointed that I have to go work all day. I wish I worked for something or someone I loved. I am not there yet, but someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment