Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dentist, Therapist, Blog Post

Had the day off today so I went to the dentist and got a cavity filled and a filling replaced. Then I went to the therapist. I started off the day waking up at the house of the girl I have been dating. She finally let me spend the night there. I don't even know that I've written a post since we started dating? St. Patricks Day, I almost certainly have since then, but I'm not sure if I wrote about it or not.

Any how, it has been pretty good so far. She seems to really like me, or the me I have been presenting thus far and she really likes movies and comedy, so it is really easy to get along with her. She was weird about having someone stay at her place, which I guess is a good thing, meaning she doesn't have guys over all the time, but everything was relatively comfortable once I was there.

I am feeling pretty cooped up living at my aunt and uncle's recently. I want to be out in the world, doing my thang, exactly how I want to do it, but I can't because I am living here. I have been commuting to the other side of town every day and it is really a pain in the ass to get back and forth regularly. I'm moving out soon. I have to. We'll see what happens with the money situation.

Interning at American Work has been going well so far, although it seems like it is going to be a long haul if I want to turn it into something. I am thinking that maybe I need to get a part time job or something for supplemental income. It doesn't really work out with me doing improv all weekend, but I guess something is going to have to take a back seat if I want to get the hell out of here.

My uncle sat me down and had a conversation with me a couple weeks ago about finding something to do with my life, like a more specific skill that I could use to get a job. I nodded and agreed with him, and I did agree with nearly everything he said, that the profession I'm going into is fraught with risk, that a lot of people aren't materially successful. It doesn't help that his neighbor is a writer and tried to commit suicide via shotgun to the head.

I doubt I will ever do anything else. There is nothing else I want to do or see myself happy doing. I think I just have to work 10x harder than I have thus far and really start doing everything I know I should be doing: writing scripts, standup, sketches, trying to get acting jobs... I've been doing improv so I'm good there. I don't think there is anything else I can do. Maybe I will find something else along the way.

I hear people upstairs right now and I haven't said "hi" yet, so I should probably go up, and they are probably eating dinner soon, so I should be around for that too, if I can. So I guess that's it for now, not the best update as a lot has happened, but better than nothing. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment